Gareth Bale confirms Real Madrid exit | football news

Gareth Bale said on Wednesday his time at Real Madrid had been an “incredible experience” as he confirmed his departure from the LaLiga club after nine years in the Spanish capital.
The 32-year-old’s contract, who joined Real from Tottenham Hotspur in 2013, expired this summer.
“I’m writing this message to say thank you to all my past and present team-mates, my managers, the backroom staff and the fans who have supported me,” said Bale, who has scored 106 goals in 258 games for Real, in one social network post.

“I came here nine years ago as a young man who wanted to fulfill my dream of playing for Real Madrid. Wearing the spotless white shirt… playing at the Santiago Bernabeu, winning trophies and being part of what’s so famous for winning the Champions League.”
The Welshman will be best remembered for scoring twice in the 2018 Champions League final against Liverpool, including a stunning overhead kick, and delivering a superb winner against Barcelona in the 2014 Copa del Rey final.
Despite his fine trophy haul – three La Liga triumphs and five Champions League crowns – Bale’s spell at Real has been marred by injuries.
He was also often the target of the Spanish media, who dubbed him a ‘parasite’ after missing Real’s 4-0 home defeat by Barcelona in March, and he was jeered by some fans during a league game in April.
“Being part of the history of this club and achieving what we achieved when I was a Real Madrid player was an incredible experience that I will never forget,” added Bale.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.